The Policy describes the types of personal information we obtain about visitors, how we use the information and with whom we share it. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. The Website is for a general audience, is not targeted to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Information We Obtain
We obtain information through this website from you directly and by automated means, and may also obtain personal information from publicly and commercially available sources and from our (News Alert) affiliates and/or business partners (such as social media networks). The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone and/or mobile numbers) you may provide to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or by filling out forms for our different services on social medias.
- Geolocation data.
- The information you provide us for become an affiliate partner of News Alert.
Information Obtained by Automated Means Through the Website
A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored.
We may link certain data elements obtained through automated means, such as your browser or device information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, what search queries you may have run. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Website.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on the Website, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of those features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers. The Company is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the information collected from and about you to:
- Provide our products and services;
- Send promotional materials, alerts regarding available offers and other communications, including communications through the Website and outside of the Webite, such as via email and through third-party websites and apps;
- Respond to inquiries from you and other third-parties, including inquiries from law enforcement agencies;
- De-identify personal information to provide our affiliates and third parties with aggregated data reports showing de-identified information and other non-personal information;
- Supplement your personal information collected from you with additional information from publicly and commercially available sources, and/or information from Company affiliates and our business partners.
- Associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use for the purpose of providing relevant and easier access to content and other operational purposes.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving the Webite; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We also may use your personal information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may share it with third parties.
We may further disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event of a proposed or completed sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we have about you against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, would like to exercise your choices, or would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by filling form on our contact page.